You can make a single daffodil or a whole bunch and display them in a vase!
These are not difficult to make and you don’t have to be too neat when you make them.
You will need:
- Orange crepe paper
- Yellow crepe paper
- Green crepe paper
- Green chenille/straw
- Sticky tape
How to make a Crepe Paper Daffodil…
- Cut one square (about 2 inches x 2 inches) from the orange crepe paper. Cut similar sized squares from yellow crepe paper (maybe 6-8). It doesn’t matter if they are are a little rectangular.
- Wrap the orange crepe paper around the top of the chenille for the trumpet and secure with sticky tape. Make sure you attach the sticky tape to the chenille as well or your flower will slip.
- Wrap a piece of yellow crepe paper around the base of the trumpet and secure with sticky tape. Make sure you only attach it at the bottom.
- Attach another piece of yellow crepe paper from the other side of the flower in the same manner and continue until you are happy with the number of petals.
- Finally, cut two squares of green paper and attach to base with sticky tape for the leaves.
Make sure you attach the sticky tape to the chenille as well or your flower will slip.
You could use tissue paper for this craft but crepe paper is better.
Petals should only be attached with tape at the bottom, not the top.
Make a bunch of daffodils and wrap a piece of paper around them or a ribbon or put them in a vase.